Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Irregular periods. Serious answers please?

My periods are very irregular. The time inbetween bleeding ranges from 1 week to almost 2 months . I've had my period for about 6 years now so shouldn't it be regulated by now? And when they do come they are quite painful and heavy, and last from 3 days to 2 weeks. What could be wrong with me?Irregular periods. Serious answers please?
Possibly absolutely nothing.
Most women are not as regular as clockwork on their own, and some are never even somewhat regular. This only becomes a problem, though, if and when you are trying to conceive.
However, you period should never be painful. For that reason, see your gp to discuss these problems, and ask if you should be referred to a GYN. Most GP's, however, can handle far more problems that people tend to want to believe.
I've had problems like that before and I went to the doctor and was put on some medication to help regulate everything and for the last 2 months, it's worked out well. I would suggest seeing a doctor and they should be able to get it regulated for you.
You should try talking to your doctor about birth control pills. They can regulate your cycle and reduce the amount of pain with periods. Also, check out endometriosis online. I suffered for years not knowing I had this and the symptoms are similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment