Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm worried, please answer?

I broke my femur about a week and a half ago and since I did that I have gradually been losing weight. The medicine I'm on (vicodin) and its making me lose my appetite. I originally was 105 and now I am at 101. Should I be worried?I'm worried, please answer?
You need to make sure you are getting adequate protein and calories to help heal your fracture. You should be eating at least 1600-1800 calories per day. Make sure you eat lots of protein (chicken, fish, eggs, etc) and I would suggest taking a multivitamin.
Yes, you should be concerned. Make sure to eat a healthy diet with all the requisite nutrition.
that is a side effect of vicodin .. i would tell your doctor but dont worry about it too much
Time to lose the meds anyway.
But you are ok. Just knowing you realize you are losing makes me feel ok about you. Good luck!
loss of appetite is common, but your weightloss so far isn't that bad. if it continues or your appetite doesn't reappear within the week then contact your doctor.
happy healing and best wishes!
i'm studying to be a physician's assistant and i've been told that any time you lose more than 10% your normal body weight, you should go to the doctor.
Since the margin of weight you lost is still small, i'd call the doctor and ask for another antiinflammatory, if possible.
You need to be well nourished in order for your bones to heal faster.
NO JUST TRY TO EAT SMALL BITS ALL DAY, LIKE SNACKS OR SOMETHING AND THAT SHOULD HELP. I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING AFTER THE HURRICANE WHEN I BROKE MY FOOT. I ONLY WAY 94 SO I UNDERSTAND

  • how do i setup my tv tuner card
  • hair do
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment