Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'M TAKING BIRTH CONTROL PILLS. I have a ??? about them.?

DO I START TAKING THE NEW PACK OF PILLS EVEN IF I DIDN'T HAVE MY PERIOD THE WEEK OF NOT TAKING THE PILLS? OR DO I WAIT UNTILL I HAVE MY PERIOD THEN START TAKING THEM AGAIN?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.I'M TAKING BIRTH CONTROL PILLS. I have a ??? about them.?
Typically pills are to be taken for 21 days (=one pack), then you stop for 7 days, a period should occur within these 7 days, if it doesnt, never mind, on the 8th day start a new pack.
Most importantly, read the patient leaflet of the pills that your doctor prescribed you. Everything you need to know is in there.
yes! i've had that same problem. you always always always just take the pills the way they are, even if you haven't had your period when you were supposed to on (the white pills) just take the active ones(usually pink) in a new pack and keep going with them. If this is within the first three months of your pills then this is completely normal, it will take about three months for your body to adjust to having your period at the right time. If this more than your third month of taking these pills and it is happening consistently then you should talk to your doctor, it probably means that you need a higher dosage.
just start the new pack of pills, your period is probably late becuase of the pills for example i take my pills and i dont get my period till the thursday of the white pills and then i start taking the regular pills on sunday
hope that helps
Once you start taking the pills, there should never be a break between packs of pills. Start your next pack of pills after the 7 days of reminder pills are done, even if you have not had your period. If you miss your period after the next pack of pills, take a pregnancy test or see your doctor. This is all explained in the insert that came with your pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment