Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm starting birth control for the first time and I'm confused about something. When can I start?

I was put on ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO by my doctor. She told me to start the pill the first Sunday after my period begins. My period just started this morning and will be over by Friday or Saturday. So should I start the pill on Sunday still because it's the first sunday after or should I start it today?I'm starting birth control for the first time and I'm confused about something. When can I start?
I just started teh same pill about a week and a day ago. Yes, even if your period has ended, take the first pill the sunday after you start your period. Always start on a sunday because then, if you dont, you'll end up getting the days mixed up. Good luck babe.
Listen to your doctor
Most pill starts on the first day of your period but if your doctor and the pill's website recommend first sunday after having the period, then you should follow the direction. Bleeding or not should not interfere with the effectiveness of the pill.
Start this Sunday. Really it's not going to matter much since the pill is still going to be effective. It's just a lot easier to start on a Sunday since the pills are labeled by days of the week.
Yea start it that sunday. I take the same thing and I had to do the same thing. That way your body can get use to the pills. Remember the pill dont really work till about a month later. So if you have sex use protection. And you might gain a little weight but dont worry if you exercise you will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment