Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm coming off Depo next week...advice please?

I'm going to the doctor to come off deop provera and go back on the pill. Are there any questions you think I should ask the doctor, or any experiences you want to share?
I know there's already a lot on here about it but they mainly seem to be about coming off when trying for a baby, whereas i'm coming off because its been 5 years and should have a break. I don't want to get pregnant!!I'm coming off Depo next week...advice please?
I came off Depo after 5 years on my doctors advice and also because I wanted to (it didn't seem healthy not to have periods for that one). It took about a year after stopping the injections for my body to settle down and for my periods to become normal again.
I was on the depo for 6 years and came off to go onto the pill, I had also decided to give my body a break.
They say it takes a year to have the depo fully come out of your system, but generally suggest that you use condoms for the first seven days whenever changing contraception.
Why are you coming off it if you don't want to get pregnant?
I have been on it for 7 years and I've been told their is no reason to come off it! So unless you want to try for a baby I would stay put. It's a total myth that after a certain time you should go off the injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment